THE MINISTRY OF RECONCILIATION 2 Corinthians 5:16-21
2 Corinthians 5:16-21. Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
17. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19. To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21. For he hath made him be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
The question remains, “How can God be just—that is, true to Himself in nature and true to Himself in holiness—and yet justify the sinner?” Because each man had to bear his own sins, all mankind was excluded from helping, since each was contaminated with the same disease. The only solution was for an innocent party to volunteer to die physically and spiritually as a substitution before God. This innocent party would have to take man’s judgment, penalty, and death. But where was such an individual? Certainly, there was none on earth. There was only one possibility. God’s own Son was the only personality in the universe who had the capacity to bear in His own body the sins of the world. Only God’s Son was infinite and thus able to die for all.
Christ gave us Both Regeneration and Reconciliation.
This consists of two things
1. Separation from the world: ” Henceforth we know no man after the flesh” vs 16. We do not own or affect any person or thing. We trust not in the flesh of any man.
We are enabled only by divine grace, not to mind nor regard this world, nor the things of this world. But to live far above it.
We must live in His spiritual presence and the comfort it affords
2. A thorough change of the heart: ” For if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature!” Vs 17a. This ought to be the goal and purpose of all those who confess and profess Christian faith, that they be new creatures, not only a new name but a new heart, new nature, and a new life.
” Old things are passed away- old thoughts, old principles, old practice, old religion they are all gone away! And all things have become New” vs 17b.
Regeneration creates a new world in the soul, all things are new. The renewed man acts from new principles, by new rules, with new ends, and in a new company.
1. Reconciliation as an Unquestionable Privilege: vs 18-19. There is already a breach of friendship, of the relationship between man and God.
God appointed the mediator, He has reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ.
God does not input sin to those who have confessed and have reconciled back with Him.
2. Reconciliation as our Indispensable Duty. Vs 20. God is ready and willing to bring back the old time friendship and relationship He once had with Adam.
God now made the reconciled to become ambassadors for Christ to reconcile others tonGod. Romans 5:10.
2 Corinthians 5:21.For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
1. The purity of the mediator~ He knew no sin.
2. The sacrifice He offered~ He was made Sin, not Sinner, but Sin. That is to say; A Sin-Offering, a sacrifice for Sin.
3. All these sacrifices, so ~ ” We can be made THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN HIM!”
As Christ who knew no sin of His own was made sin for us. Our Reconciliation to God is only through Jesus Christ, and for the sake of His merit. On Him, therefore, we must rely only and by His Grace alone.
We have to put old things and old life away. Putting our old man away.
Which is sin, lust, the pride of life, the power of satan, the world, the law of sin and death, the lust of the eyes. And putting on the new man, which is love, peace, fellowship, obedience, patient, self-control and holiness without which we can’t see God.
For more information and counseling:
Pst Zino Genesis
Facebook: Pst Zino Genesis
Please feel free to ask me any question. Your identity will be kept secret, I won’t even know who sent it 😷🙈👍