Hebrews 12:1-21 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
There’s a Race to Run as a Christian, the Race is not to the swift, we need the grace to accomplish our goals in life.
Grace is already available, Jesus told us that His grace is sufficient for us. This means everything we need in life to help us fulfill our dream is already at our disposal. But one thing is missing and we are to find it and apply it to our lives. This missing puzzle is FOCUS. Hebrews 12:1-2, Hebrews 4:15-16 bears a lot of witnesses against us. In the sense that, Jesus our role model came into the earth as flesh so He can understand our pains, worries, and struggles. This means we are not justified if we do not make it, it is not God’s fault.
To succeed in life we need to put our trust in Jesus, focusing on Him only. Our lives are compared to a race, if we plan well, we will definitely have a perfect finish.We have to Run with Passion, Purpose and Perspective and in all we need to be Persistence.
The Key to Persistence is Passion, and the Key to Passion is Purpose. The race before us is a race of Purpose, we must run with Purpose not aimlessly. And the Key to Purpose is having the Right Perspective.
This duty consist of two parts, the preparatory and the perfective phase.
The Preparatory: Lay aside every weight, and sin.
- Every weight, that is not in line with the will of God, the inordinate affection and concern for the body, and for the present life and world. The wrong care for the present life, the wrong ideas and perspective towards life. This weighs upon us, preventing us to actually see what God have destine for us. This weigh pull us down, instead to uplift us, it drags us backward instead of to push us forward. This makes our walk with God heavier and very difficult. we have to lay aside all external and internal hindrances.
- The Sin that so easily Beset Us; those little things that we think it doesn’t matter, the little sin of hatred, talkative, backbiting, quarrelling, those sin that we easily fall into. We have to drop it totally.
The Perfective: Run with patience the race that is set before us. There is a race before us, we must finish well. But we have to persevere, press on knowing that there there is a crown for well doing. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9
- We have a race to run, a race of service, and a race of sufferings, a part of total obedience to God.
- This race is set before us, both by the word of God, and the examples of His faithful servants. They are the cloud of witnesses which are compassed round about us.
This race must be Run with Patience and Perseverance. There will be a great deal of patience to overcome the difficulties we will encounter in life, and also a great will to persevere in times of temptation.
Remember I said Focus is our main goal and priority in finishing well.
Why should we focus on Jesus?
- He is the Author of our faith, the beginning, perfecter and rewarder of it. His life is a living example of a man of vision and purpose. He had His reasons for coming to earth. He came to take away the sins of this world, He trusted in God and totally yielded Himself to the will of the father.
- He is the Finisher of our faith, He fulfilled all promises of God concerning redemption and He restored hope to man and reconciled us back to our father.
- He is the finisher of Grace.
- He endured the contradiction sinners against Himself, we as focus people, we need to have the same mind set. Opposition will arise but a positive attitude makes all the difference.
- He endure the cross, He Despised the shame. but He is sitting with the Father in Heaven. After the Thorn Comes the Crown
Jesus had something in view despite all the hardship and sufferings, through His sufferings, we have boldness to enter into the Holiest, the middle wall of Partition is broken down, we are redeemed from the Curse of the law, the Handwriting of ordinances written against us is blotted out.
He did all this so we could have authority. This makes me understand that, no matter what you might be going through, better days are ahead, joy comes in the morning no matter how hard or dark the night may be. There is hope!!
Finally: We need to drop all the excess luggages we are carrying, the load of Guilt, past Mistakes, past Errors and Focus only on Jesus. Forget what you have done before in the past, I might have done worst. There’s always someone who have done worst than you. turn your mess into a beautiful message and your tests and trials into wonderful testimony and look only to Jesus. Press forward, for the Mark of the Price of the High Calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Faith and constant meditation in the things of God will fetch in fresh supplies of strength, comfort and courage, and it will help us run our race till the end when we will rest at the close of the day. There is a great Crown of Glory that awaits us AT THE FINISHING LINE. Faith and Patience are conquering Grace for the Great finish. For the great finish we consider these Rules.
- We must get serious about finishing well, since a great cloud of witnesses have gone before us.
- It is now our turn to run the race and watch the mistakes and errors of our great leaders and learn from it so we don’t make the same mistake.
- We must lay aside every encumbrance that would prevent us from finishing well.
- Jesus ran His own race and endured hardship by fixing His eyes on the rewards, we must follow His own example. Philippians 2:5-11.
God Richly Bless You
For more information and counseling:
Pst Zino Genesis
Facebook: Pst Zino Genesis
Please feel free to ask me any question. Your identity will be kept secret, I won’t even know who sent it