THE BORN AGAIN EXPERIENCE: Ephesians 2:1-10.
1. And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2. Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3. Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7. That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
In the part One of these series:
We look at our miserable state of sin, when we were dead in our trespasses and how God’s grace and mercy located us.
Verse 1-3 tells us about our old state.
~ Our Unregenerate souls that are dead in trespasses and sins. All those who are in their sins, are dead in sins. Sin is the death of the soul. Wherever that prevails there is privation of spiritual life. Sinners are dead in state, being destitute of the spiritual life and cut off from God. They lack the fountain of life. And the are slave to the law.
~ A state of sin is a state of conformity to this world. Vs 2; says wherein in time past, we did walk according to the prince of the power of the air and the spirit that now work in the children of disobedience.
~ We were fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind.
Verse 4-10: gives account of God’s glorious mercy and salvation of our souls through Grace:
We must realize that salvation is free but not cheap. There are many things we have to drop in order to continue in this free gift that Christ has given us. Our old man and old ways have to be nailed to the cross.
We have grace at our disposal but we should not take the liberty Christ has given us for granted.
Our liberty and freedom from the grip of the devil is not because we are righteous, it is because of Grace. This grace is sufficient for us in every situation we find ourselves.
We ought to walk on this grace and help others trace their way Christ.
It’s is not an avenue to condemn others and put on The- Holier Than Thou Attitude. But we should remember that we were once dead to sin, grace found us, mercy saved us. We ought to pray for our fellow, believing God that they will be save.
Finally: The 10th Verse says:
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
We are now created in the Imagine of Christ Jesus, Our Life is Hid in Christ and Christ in God. It means we are Untouchable as God’s people.
As we are living a right life, before anything harms us, it must harm Christ Jesus and God first before harming us. Even the devil himself bears witness that’s impossible.
We only need to walk in the principles of holiness and righteousness; according to the will of our Heavenly Father.
For more information and counseling:
Pst Zino Genesis
Facebook: Pst Zino Genesis
Please feel free to ask me any question. Your identity will be kept secret, I won’t even know who sent it 😷🙈👍